You already know that green space is vital to a community and necessary for people, plants and animals to thrive. The Oconee River Land Trust is committed to working to make sure there are green spaces, from farms to forests, in our region forever. You can support this land conservation effort by making a donation to ORLT, becoming a member, or by making a legacy gift. ORLT could not do its work without the financial support of its members and friends, and the board and staff are grateful to each one of you!
Please consider a one time donation to ORLT. We will put it to good use working efficiently to save special green places. Donations can be made out to “Oconee River Land Trust” and mailed to 380 Meigs St., Athens, GA 30677 or via paypal.
Annual memberships provide the ongoing support the Oconee River Land Trust needs to carry out its land conservation work. We invite you to join us as a partner in our protection efforts. It only takes a minute, but the legacy you create for our lands, waters and wildlife will endure for generations to come.
Oconee River Land Trust members enjoy many benefits, including:
- a subscription to our bi-annual newsletter
- invites to members-only family-friendly events
- notice of field trips and volunteer ‘fun’ days
- knowing you are leaving a lasting legacy of beauty and stewardship in their community forever
Annual memberships are as follows:
$30 – Land Saver
$50 – Land Steward
$100 – Land Protector
$500 – Land Conservator
$1,000 – Trustee of the Land
To become a member, click here.
Another way to support ORLT’s work of protecting greenspace is with legacy gifts. Legacy giving includes:
- Bequests: Gifts given via your will
- Memorial or Tribute Gifts: Gifts given in honor of a family member, friend, or given in recognition of a special event.
- Bank Accounts and CD’s: Designate ORLT as your “available upon passing” beneficiary
- Retirement Plan Assets: Designate ORLT as the beneficiary of an IRA
- Gifts of Real Estate: Donate property outright or retain a life estate
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Make ORLT a beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- Gifts of Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds: Contribute appreciated securities and save on capital gains taxes